Today it is very trendy to say that some large company is socially responsible. This means to contribute to the creation of new job possitions, high-quality innovative products, healthy lifestyle, etc. Usually these initiatives are directed outside the company. But what happens inside the company? Does anyone care about the employees and their health?
Sedentary lifestyle kills 500,000 Europeans annually. This shows an EU report on physical activity.
Sedentary lifestyle can lead to heart diseases, diabetes and high blood pressure. Even if only 1/5 of the Europeans implement these methods of prevention, this would save at least 100,000 lives every year!
What's the problem?
- many professions require sitting for 8 or more hours per day – on a desk, in a vehicle, etc.
- personal computers, video games, Internet and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Printerest, Instagram, LinkedIn) are a huge part of contemporary people's lives and also lean to less physical activity;
Why other sports and dance styles didn't solve the problem?
- they require a lot of time and expensive equipment and often these demotivate people to keep going after a workout or two. Furthermore, the unique effect, which I will tell you about below, is missing
There is a solution and it has been found by the business
Richmart is a men's made-to-measure suits manufacturer that works with customers from 30 countries. For several years the company has made a survey among its clients and saw that one group of customers ordered more slim cut suits in brighter and more cheerful patterns and more pieces for one year. These people were interviewed and the reasons why they are slimmer, more cheerful and successful were revealed.
They all practice Bulgarian folklore dances.
The old but greatcureagainst stress and depression was rediscovered - it's called Bulgarian dances!
It is unique and it's not a coincidentace that it has already been spread around the world through different schools and groups.
One year ago Richmart started a global campaign and organized a competition for video clips, which aim was to make Bulgarian dances even more popular for the whole world and help them take their rightful leading place among dances worldwide.
Other beneficial effects of dancing Bulgarian dances include:
- Cohesion, unity (of the team or group);
- Charging with positive energy;
- Continuation of centuries - old tradition inherited from the Thracians;
- Cosmic rhythms – Horo (the traditional Bulgarian folklore dance) is an energetic model of our solar system - it is moving counterclockwise as celestial bodies with occasional change of direction - like the episodic retrograde motion of the planets, looked from the Earth;
- Horo creates powerful vibration (the idea was people to be united with the Space).
What diseases do Bulgarian folklore dances prevent?
- sedentary - dances protect the heart;
- stress and depression - dances protect the soul;
- cancer and other diseases.
Advantages of Bulgarian dances in comparison with other dances and sports:
- they could be dances everywhere and for every occasion;
- there is no limitation about age or gender;
- they bring new knowledge and skills;
- they don't need special equipment.
How can we give this treasure to the whole world?
- A new type of sport was invented - FOLKNETICS
Folknetics is a presentation of folklore in a new, modern way. A combination of beautiful dance movements and rhythmic steps.
- the extraordinary success of the Bulgarian football team in 1994 is largely due to the Horo - the main method for recovery after a game and to get in tune before that;
- 'There is no other source of adrenaline like our folk dances. It saved me from depression', says Roza Marinova.